To make financial contributions to Sanctuary, Inc. please send a check or money order to:
P.O. Box 1165
Hopkinsville, KY 42241
To donate gently used items to benefit our residents and clients please contact 270-885-4572, or you may bring items during the following times:
Monday 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Wednesday 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Friday 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Items are only donated through our 8th street entrance.
If you have the time and want to make a commitment to make a difference within your community, consider volunteering at Sanctuary, Inc. You will not only touch someone’s life, but you will also benefit from your feeling of achievement.
In order to volunteer you must be at least 18 years of age, never been charged or convicted of a felony, and must complete an application, interview, and volunteer training.
- Hospital Advocate – Provides support and information to survivors of sexual assault and their family members and/or friends at the hospital emergency room on an on-call basis. You must attend the 40-hour training to volunteer as a hospital advocate.
- Court Advocate – Assist staff with providing support and information to victims in court.
- Children’s Advocate – Participate in planned children’s activities, provide tutoring and childcare, or help with children’s groups.
- Non Direct Services � Answer phones, file, and assist staff with shelter duties and other projects.
Role of the Volunteer:
- Accompany victims at the hospital, police station, and/or court.
- Provide support by listening.
- Answer questions from victims, family, and/or friends.
- Empower victims to make informed decisions.
- Protect victim’s rights and dignity.
- Provide an understanding of the legal process.
- Explain services offered by Sanctuary, Inc.
- Assist Sanctuary, Inc. with community awareness events.
Benefits of Volunteering with Sanctuary, Inc.
- Gain work experience in the human services field.
- Obtain references for future employment and/or entrance into undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Enhance your communication skills.
- Participate in crisis intervention programs.
- Interact with various professionals and officials.
- Share you special talents.
- Dedicate time to a program that focuses on empowering victims of rape, sexual assault, and /or domestic violence.
- Provide a valuable service to community members.
For more information about our volunteer program, please call